SEO is a term that most webmasters are familiar with. The problem is that most people ignore the most effective SEO optimization techniques therefore resulting in an unnecessary loss of traffic and thus revenue. That being said, the following is a list of SEO optimization techniques that both new and experienced webmasters should use.
- Use established domains – This is one of the SEO optimization techniques that require financial investment. Established domains tend to get a higher SERP compared to new ones. There are many domain marketplaces that allow you to get older domains with the keywords you are targeting.
- Write for people and not for bots – Most webmasters tend to be more concerned with SERP ranking causing them to ignore SEO optimization techniques that improve a website for humans. This results in short term traffic spikes which is then lost over time since people will not share the content because it does not generate any conversation, interest, controversy etc. The end result is a loss of revenues in the long term.
- Use micro data – This is one of those SEO optimization techniques that allow webmasters to include information like user ratings, video tutorials and other details in the SERPs. This technique improves the quality of organic traffic by attracting a searcher’s attention and providing more information to search engine bots. Fortunately, the code needed for this technique is freely available meaning that you can easily use your creativity in this area in order to increase conversion rates.
- Use a variety of anchor text options – This is one of those SEO optimization techniques that most webmasters pay no mind to. You should use numerous anchor text options when doing internal or external linking. It is advisable for part of the anchor text to include the keyword or brand name being targeted so that bots detect the correlation between the web pages. It is one of those SEO optimization techniques that webmasters must not overdo in order to avoid getting penalized.
- Use robot exclusion protocol – This is one of those SEO optimization techniques that are unknown to most webmasters. Robot exclusion protocol is where you use a text file to prevent search engine bots from crawling certain parts of your site. You may use these files for web pages in your site with duplicate content, personal information and folders used by web designers. It is one of those straightforward techniques meaning that all webmasters should learn how to develop and implement it.
- Register your site on local search listings – Search engines tend to give local websites higher SERP ranking than international sites meaning that you should register your site on local directories e.g. Bing Local Business Listing. It is one of those one time SEO optimization techniques. This therefore means that taking some time to include your site in such listings will go a long way in improving conversions.
- Using Meta data – This is one of the SEO optimization techniques that allow bots to find out the content contained in a web page. The main kinds of Metadata are Meta tags and the Meta description. It is advisable to populate the Meta data with accurate and keyword research information.
In a nutshell, incorporating creativity in SEO optimization techniques usually results in higher conversion rates without necessarily having to spend so much money.